Sunday 13 November 2011

The Century


Yesterday Beynon, Ty and myself rode a century.  It was easier and harder than I was expecting.  As you can see from the route we took, it had a few climbing sections, which of course is inevitable in South Wales.  You are never far from hills or mountains.  The weather was perfect, and at times pretty warm, with only a hint of wind.


I do a couple of 50 mile rides weekly, and have done several 65 mile routes, but stepping the distance past the 100 mile mark felt very different.  For me the hard part was between 45 - 65 miles, with the last 30 feeling comfortable.  Riding with other people was a novelty as I more often than not ride alone.  I think we all need practice riding in a group, as  together we could be a much more efficient and faster unit.  I'm already looking forward to more of these rides over the coming months.